Life in London

Life in London for a not-quite-middle-aged gay Australian guy. Oh, the glamour of it all!

Friday, September 22, 2006

Let him entertain you

Well blogs are supposed to have their fingers on the pulse, and what better way to demonstrate that than have me post on a concert that occurred over a week ago? As I mentioned previously, I wasn't too sure what to expect, but I really enjoyed the concert.

Here's a few things that stood out for me:
  • Basement Jaxx were excellent - never had so much fun with a support act.
  • Robbie needs a therapist - 10 years and he's still bitching about 'Take That'? (and there was a point-by-point disection of newspaper criticism of his career) Let go Robbie, let go.
  • Millions of pounds might get you a helicopter, but it mightn't make you happy.
  • Robbie's older material is better than his new - so was it Robbie or Guy Chambers that made it special?
  • He must be bloody sick of 'Angels'.
  • Not a single black or Asian person was spotted by us.
  • Stephen 'Tin-Tin' Duffy was in Robbie's band, for you die-hard 80's children.

So, it was all very good, but I don't think I'd go again - once was definitely enough for me.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you like Robbies concert Chris. Pity i couldnt go with you, but how would you rate him compared to Sir Cliff?? By the way Robbies rocks for me...ANY DAY! Cint xox

13:15  
Blogger Paul said...

Completely agree with you re: Take That comments. I wasn't there, but he's exactly the same in interviews isn't he?

16:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home