Life in London

Life in London for a not-quite-middle-aged gay Australian guy. Oh, the glamour of it all!

Friday, September 01, 2006

All Change

  • Our office has moved and it went swimmingly. That is if you count no email, no access to systems from home (bit of a problem when you're oncall) and a 1:20hr commute each way as measures of success. Boo!

  • I got to go to Providores (also known as Palladoritos), even though it is on Paul's banned list. Bernie and I threw budgetry caution to the wind and went there for dinner the other night. It was excellent - the food in particular was great (truffled dim sum prawns, anyone?) and the wine list had some really good stuff on it too. I'm giving it 8.8/10. No wonder it's packed every night. I can still taste that pinot (and that's a good thing). Hurray!!

  • Bernie leaves on Tuesday for Australia. Boo!!

  • But she's going to be Fag Hag #1 in Sitges - Hurray!!

  • We can't go see Volver tonight, so will have to wait until after Sitges. I am desperate to see it - Almodovar makes great movies. Boo!

  • We're almost on holiday - tomorrow afternoon this will be two blocks from our villa! And the forecast is good too - Hurray!!



    Labels: , , , , ,

    4 Comments:

    Blogger mike said...

    Volver's good - it's very good (and Penelope Cruz is fantastic in it, and good to see Carmen Maura again after so long) - but it's not right up there with Almodovar's best. So fret not, it can wait.

    13:48  
    Blogger Paul said...

    I hope you have a great holiday! Funnily enough, I went last year on my birthday, so it was this week, and I've been thinking about it loads!! I can't wait to go back!

    Enjoy 'La Fiesta de L'Espuma!' (sp?)...

    11:22  
    Blogger City Slicker said...

    So I gues if you are away I can't recommend you go see the show A Slice of Minnelli at The Theatre Museum?

    17:24  
    Blogger Chris said...

    Mike - thanks for the comment - hopefully I'll get to see it this week.

    Paul - the foam party was still going strong - and still a lot of fun.

    CS - thanks for the heads-up - I like 'Caberet', but am not a huge Minelli fan - sounds like you certainly enjoyed it.

    17:30  

    Post a Comment

    << Home