Life in London

Life in London for a not-quite-middle-aged gay Australian guy. Oh, the glamour of it all!

Friday, September 15, 2006

Once an Infidel....

  • I was on the bus at lunchtime, on the way to gym and it was full of young muslims off to pray at the London mosque. I was not only playing decadent western music, but music about a dancefloor - looks like I'm not going to paradise......

  • I was actually listening to Bananarama's newish (oldish?) track on the bus. I only downloaded it today and in scenes reminiscent of my teenage years, I have alrady managed to play it 8 times. I have no shame. Now I want to go out dancing. I love that song. Not as much as I loved "Robert De Niro's Waiting", but 8 times in a couple of hours is bordering on obsessive, I suppose.

  • Reason why I love Paul #2395 - I played him the track in the gym - "Isn't it fantastic!", I gushed. "Yes, they're very talented" he replied in a deadpan voice. I still don't know if he was serious or not.

  • In othe shameful music-related news, we're off to see Robbie Williams tonight at Milton Keynes' National Bowl. I don't know whether to be excited or not. I'm not Robbie's hugest fan, but he's supposed to be excellent live, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home