Life in London

Life in London for a not-quite-middle-aged gay Australian guy. Oh, the glamour of it all!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Berns Night

Last night Paul, Simon, Bernadette and I, instead of going here, we bought our own bottles of crisp white and

went here. Mr Christou does very good cod and chips.

After depleting the North Sea's cod stock even further, we headed up the road to the bar at Orrery.
Paul and I discovered we knew the Maitre'd. Everyone decided Raspberry Mojitos, whilst considered unorthodox by cocktail aficionados, are tasty. There was much discussion of the legendary Black Cardamon hand cream.
The cocktail maker was annoying ('Guess what country I'm from!' 10 guesses later we were tired of that game - for God's sake will you leave the punters alone!).
The drinks were expensive - £84 for eight cocktails. Ouch.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ziggystardust73 said...

hi Chris

thanks for the comment on my blog - I've written you a response.

I have actually met you and Paul (at a party of Kirsten's last Christmas) but you probably didn't recognise me from my somewhat anonymous blog...

good to hear from you !

15:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home