Life in London

Life in London for a not-quite-middle-aged gay Australian guy. Oh, the glamour of it all!

Friday, June 02, 2006

There's been a lot of blessing going on

Olga, the portuguese cleaner who cleans the common areas in our block, blessed herself when she saw me this morning. I was still half asleep, so momentarily considered that I may, in fact, have been dead and she was seeing a ghost. After recollecting that to the best of my knowledge, I was still alive, we exchanged pleasantries.

Normally, I see Olga every day she works, but as I've been leaving earlier to get to Winnersh, I haven't seen her for a month or so. She said 'I think to myself today, I no see the man in number 15 for long time. I thought you might have been sick, or move away or be on holiday. But you are here!'. She is very sweet. Even if she did call me a man - I'm only 39, after all!!

And I blessed myself after we arrived safely in Wales the other day. Half in jest, but half seriously - the driving really was that bad. Here's a view of the tailgating, taken from the back seat.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home