Life in London

Life in London for a not-quite-middle-aged gay Australian guy. Oh, the glamour of it all!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Charlotte in Heat-buying Shock

At the ritzy West Cardiff motorway services, I spotted a young lady sporting green and gold glitter eye-shadow. "Who's this cheap council-estate slapper?" I thought. "And why the crappy Charlotte Church hairdo?'
Then it dawned on me - it was Charlotte Church - voice of an angel, mouth of a trucker. I can reveal that welsh royalty purchased 'Heat' magazine, (or was it 'Now'? For Australians, the equivalent of 'Who Weekly'.) And then Gavin Henson came in, followed by his hair 5 minutes later. He was very orange, and taller than I'd imagined. And did I say fit? But I don't understand they had a need for five litre bottles of Volvic.
I'd also like to be able to say I was dignified in the face of celebrity, but I think I mostly growled "It's Charlotte Church! It's Charlotte Church!!! " to Paul. The cashier being paid £3 an hour took it all in her stride, as though she deals with celebrity every day of her life.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home