Life in London

Life in London for a not-quite-middle-aged gay Australian guy. Oh, the glamour of it all!

Friday, April 28, 2006

Happy Birthday to me




The lovely Kirsten and Sharna , accompanied by Damien, took Paul and I out for our birthdays last night. We washed down some very good Chinese with some beer, and then were taken to see the Royal Shakespeare Company’s production of ‘The Crucible’. It was excellent (8.8/10), with some great performances. It has to be a pretty good play to still be relevant some 50(?) years after it was written. Danforth’s line "a person is either with this court or he must be counted against it" resonated in particular.


In other Birthday news – my day got off to a great start with a special birthday breakfast from Paul and my ipod treated me to a very good selection of tunes:


Sorry (Petshop Boys remix)- Madonna
Girls on Film – Duran Duran
Careless – Paul Kelly
What You Need – INXS
I go to Rio – Peter Allen
Da Hype – Junior Jack with Robert Smith
L’il Love – Little Love
Dare – Gorillaz
Love Action – Human League

My day was going so well I expected to see the headline on page 23 of the Guardian 'Aussie PM resigns in animal-sex scandal', but alas it was not to be.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

i LOVE it when my iPod gives me a good shuffle. Usually if i'm not digging the shuffle it gives me after three songs I press shuffle again and get a new one.

...that's a lot of "shuffle"

(happy birthday)

09:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home