Life in London

Life in London for a not-quite-middle-aged gay Australian guy. Oh, the glamour of it all!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Cake! Sweets! Toys!

And that was just our Friday night..... As part of our winter of cultcha, Paul, Damien and I went to see Frost/Nixon. It was very good - I always enjoy going to see something where liberals are able to hiss from the cheap seats. I'd give it 8.2/10.

Then we went for a quick drink in Soho (where we ran into Giles and mate), which turned into another drink in Vauxhall (I know, I know.......). Saturday was quiet, that's all I'm saying.

Sunday we had Jamie's first birthday on, so Paul and I had the opportunity to use our new gold railcards (such glamour!) to get out to the Essex/Suffolk borders. It's nice to watch little kids get excited about some cake and sweets. There was champagne to get me excited!! The boys were all dressed the same though, so I couldn't tell them apart. Next year I'm taking name tags.

Oh and then we watched while the country seemed to be tearing itself apart over the whole catholic/gay adoption/discrimination thing - will the Catholic church never learn? Oh, I forgot, something about 'Love the sinner, hate the sin'. What about 'What would Jesus do?'...... you're either for or against discrimination. Sigh.




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home