Life in London

Life in London for a not-quite-middle-aged gay Australian guy. Oh, the glamour of it all!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Nothing to see here

Today was such a lovely day that Paul and I decided to go for a walk on Hampstead Heath, and even though it felt like we spent the best part of the afternoon waiting for the bus over, it was beautiful once we got there. Euan McGregor plays a gay man in a new film shot on Hampstead Heath - 'Scenes of A Sexual Nature', but we didn't see him anywhere. :(




I had had a force 10 hangover, but running to the gym and back had reduced that to a force 8 - too much beer and red wine last night with Louise, Jo, Clayton, Jari, Lucy, Brock and Jason. We had been at Islington's cool-ish 'The Green', then had tapas and some lovely tempranillo from Ribera Del Duero. I had planned to have a quiet weekend on the alcohol front, but fortunately events conspired against me.

Paul arrived home Friday night with champagne to celebrate my new job. It looks like I've landed another job with our main client, but at this point in time I'm not really sure what it is. I was rung the other day to ask if I would put myself forward for it. The job was with a few agencies as well, but as it was so great it seems I was the only applicant. Hmmm. I'm not too sure what that means at this point in time. I think it's more a of project management role, and the project runs until June next year, so I'm hoping it will all work out and it's a permanent way out of my current role. I'm pretty excited by it, but a bit nervous too.

Anyway, my lovely boyfriend bought champagne for that, and then we had steak with garlic and rosemary potatoes, so some Yarra Valley red was consumed with that....add last night's drinks in and the plans for a light weekend went out the window......there's always next weekend I suppose.



Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

You and I seem to keep moving in such close circles, it amazes me we've never met! I was working in Islington before I came to Head Office, and the Green was my local. In fact I was offered a management job there when they first opened!

And oddly... Hampstead is the branch I'm interviewing for next week! Well, I did say I wanted to move back into restaurants!

p.s. I promise I'm not a stalker!!

14:14  
Blogger Chris said...

Hi Paul,
it's not like I'm often at the gGreen - we've only ever been twice - Islington's a bit difficult
to ge tot from our place.....

11:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home