Life in London

Life in London for a not-quite-middle-aged gay Australian guy. Oh, the glamour of it all!

Friday, October 20, 2006

In other news

  • Last weekend we was out in East Anglia for Keirsty's birthday. She only celebrated over three days, which was quite understated I feel. Happy Birthday!

  • The dental floss fell into the toilet - I threw it out.

  • My 10 minute bus-trip to get my haircut turned into a 40-minute trip, as a horse-drawn hearse blocked the road. Honestly, dead people have no respect for the living. And a horse-drawn hearse? What century are we in? Screw the greenhouse emissions.... I was expecting to see Emma Thompson running around in crinoline at any minute.

  • I whiled away the time by reading the book the guy next to me was reading - it justified eating meat by quoting the Old Testament. I thought he might stone me if he knew I was a sinner.

  • I also danced in my seat to Bananarama - to observers it probably looked like I had worms.

  • I don't, but I do have tinea at the moment.

  • I rang Sam (my Cypriot hairdresser (Greek-Cypriot or Turkish-Cypriot - who knows? I don't want to offend by asking.)) to apologise. He is very nice and was cool about it - he probably hangs out with George Michael smoking a drug all the time.

  • At lunchtime, the guy next to me in Tesco (on the banned list, but I needed bananas), crouched down to enter his PIN, hid the keypad with his hand and kept looking around for dodgy characters. I started to giggle.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

You've just made my monday more interesting and set my afternoon off with a smile.
Great blog
Charlie

13:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for a mention on your blog but you spelt my name wrong!! Keirsty not Kiersty !! Also I was out on Tuesday night for birthday celebrations, so its gone on for well over a week !! Am enjoying reading your blog though.
Keirsty xx

15:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home