Life in London

Life in London for a not-quite-middle-aged gay Australian guy. Oh, the glamour of it all!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Still Alert, Slightly More Alarmed....

I'm not sure quite why, but I was stopped again by the British Transport Police on Friday night. This time at Marylebone Station, and because I was 'carrying too many backpacks' (I was carrying a backpack with my new work laptop in it, in addition to my gym backpack).
I attempted to use what little charm I still possessed after being stopped to get out of another tedious search (it was Friday night and I wanted to get to gym, get home and get out!), but the two officers were quite insistent.

Policeman Plod # 1 even said to me 'You have a funny accent'. That remark didn't go down particularly well and so I replied that I didn't have 'a funny accent, I had an Australian accent'. The middle-aged, paunched officers went through both bags, established I was 5' 12" - (truly - I said 5' 11" + 3/4 inch - he said "that will be 5' 12" then"!!), filled out the search form, then I was free to go on my way.
Given that I only travel two stops on the underground in the morning, and three stops in the afternoon, what are the chances of me being stopped twice in once week? I am hoping that this doesn't become a regular occurrence, it will impinge on my career as a semtex mule. (Note to transport police - that was a joke).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home