Life in London

Life in London for a not-quite-middle-aged gay Australian guy. Oh, the glamour of it all!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Still Spring

Friday my family arrived from Australia (hooray!!). I went out to London's fabulous Heathrow Terminal 4 to pick them up (I am so looking forward to terminal 5 opening, bugger the planet, at least Heathrow will finally have a terminal building that poeple will want to spend time in). My brother-in-law is an aesthete, and expressed admiration for Terminal 4's style and grace. We got the train in to Paddington, and then the tube accross town to Mile End - it was a lot of fun travelling near Friday afternoon peak-time with two pushers (no, not drug-dealers, push-chairs) and five suitcases the size of small refridgerators. M y family were all in remarkable form after their 23-hour flight across the globe. I cooked some food for them and told amusing anecdotes about my life until they fell asleep.

Saturday we went for a walk along the Thames, just to blow the cobwebs off. It was beautiful and sunny.




Lots of people were taking advantage of the sun who perhaps shouldn't.



Mia got a bit carried away with the bubble man.



And the London Eye was packing them in.



The mother of all parliaments was sparkling too.



Saturday night I cooked some food for my family after I took my father for a quick pint of Guinness. The things I do for others.

Yesterday Mum wanted to do some Jude Law stalking, so we had a picnic on Primrose Hill. (Only after I cooked for the picnic - my family eat a lot). We saw lots of beautiful people, but my mother wasn't impressed. ("I think that tan's out of a bottle" she said.) My niece asked me to be a bear. I am trusting she meant the animal, not that I she thinks I'm fat and hairy.

More pics from the weekend are
here.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there, looks like your all having a good time, your other part of the family are a tad jealous, as the weather looks so nice. Looks like Mia & Tom are having fun, esp with the balloon man . Keep sending more blogs about them there, Tc Luv Cint xx

04:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a nice sunny day.
it rains here almost everday. a little bit like london in autumm i suppose. though im actually living in Malaysia.
ur sweet picnic pics remind me of the movie i watched lately, The Scenes of Sexual Nature (with the forever gayish ewan mcgregor in it) which was filmed at Hampstead Heath.

10:59  
Blogger Chris said...

Cint, no need to be jealous - you see them all the time!

Joshua, I ahven't seent he film, but intend to. Ewan McGregor actually lives somewhere near us and spends a lot of time in our local deli.....

16:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

h, well you know im the jealous type......hahah, nah, just wanted to be all together to join you in your "Milestone"! Great blog anyway, Tc Cint xx

07:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home