Life in London

Life in London for a not-quite-middle-aged gay Australian guy. Oh, the glamour of it all!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

And in other news

So, last week we went to see the new controversial Bond. Very good. No annoying John Cleese. Daniel Craig is a very physical ripped Bond. Very. Not so many gadgets, characters a bit more fleshed out, Bond less suave, more manly, and Dame Judi. What's not to like? 8/10. Dum-dah-da-dum-dum, Dum-dum, Dum-de-de-dum-dum.

And today Michael Grade resigned from the Beeb to become CEO of ITV. Who? Yawn. This morning's Today Show devoted at least 10 long minutes to the story. Of interest to media-types only I would have thought, but the BBC led with it most of today.

My semi-new, part-time office is a block from here. I can feel the weight increase already.

Friday night saw Paul and I join Mark, Angel, and Laura at the Prince Charles cinema to see this. Lots of nuns, people dressed in curtains and brown paper packages. It was a fun night out, but Angel was happiest when it had finished - it's a very long movie and probably doubly so when English is your second language.

Saturday was an exciting day, filled with paint, sandpaper, polyfilla and primer. Then we met Mark, Angel, Mike, Kris and Alfonso for drinks at Barcode in Vauxhall. Stuie was supposed to join us, but bailed for a champagned-fulled 40th at the Edge instead. We drank, we danced a bit. Paul and I got the nightbus home, and I almost caused a bus-rage incident by taking some bloke's lit cigarette and throwing it out the window. Bit harsh, but smoking is banned on buses.

Sunday was filled with more plaster-dust etc. etc. I do so little manual work now that painting the bathroom door gave me blisters. Now I can't hold a pen to write.

Oh, and last night our plumbers told us about the woman in the building near us who cleans naked. You can see her every night apparently - we've been there three years and never noticed. They've been there three days.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I loved the new Bond! Probably my favourite one yet. Very refreshing to see him portrayed as he was actually written; a hired assassin!

Bond had started becoming almost a pastiche of itself, so I really enjoyed this movie... oh yeah, and he's gorgeous too! ;o)

11:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home